Through the adoption of a proactive approach to environmental issues, Wilkinson Cowan
Partnership Ltd will be committed to minimizing potentially harmful effects on the
environment, and to contributing towards sustainable development through balancing its
business aims with environmental considerations.
It is the policy of Wilkinson Cowan
Partnership Ltd to put its environmental policy into practice wherever possible by:
- Meeting and exceeding all relevant legislation, regulations and government
- Meeting industry codes of practice wherever possible.
- Overall, ensuring all our activities are conducted in such a way to cause minimum negative impact in
our environment and promoting the use of products that have low environmental impact in
their production, use and disposal, together with achieving reductions in the use of
environmentally unsuitable products.
- Ensuring that all employees know and understand
the policy and what is expected of them and provide support education and training where
- Making efficient use conservation and the sustainable use of natural
resources by minimising waste and conserving energy and water and wherever using recycled
products and materials.
- Developing management processes, operational procedures etc,
to prevent pollution.
- Seeking to reduce the wastage of materials and where possible
- Using registered waste disposal companies, or licensed tips, for the
disposal of waste materials, particularly hazardous wastes.
- Ensuring all suppliers and
sub‐contractors are aware of our policy and have their own Policies and Procedures in
place and in action. A copy of our environmental policy is available on request, please
telephone 0161 486 6966. This policy is also available on our website at www.wilcowan.com
- Continual and measurable improvement in our environmental performance by setting targets
to promote continuous improvement and sharing this information with our Environmental and
ISO14001 Consultant as part of our annual audit and review.
- Continual review of our
environmental performance with a framework of auditing, measurement and monitoring in line
with our ISO14001 accreditation.
Wilkinson Cowan Partnership Ltd will ensure that the
appropriate training and support is given to staff, to allow them to be able to fulfill the
commitments set out in this general statement of policy.